As we indicated in our previous announcement, as of January 16, 2011, we are unfortunately no longer able to sell or operate Stargate Resistance. We are actively evaluating options for Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, Inc. and its products, and will update you as soon as additional information is available. Thank you for your continued support.
The realm of the Stargate gaming world doesn’t appear to be going very well, first the flagship and highly anticipated Stargate Worlds studio went into administration and never managed to get the game out of the door.
Now the studio that purchased Stargate Resistance ‘Dark Comet Games’ has had its licence from MGM revoked and will not renew this with the studio, Stargate Resistance is due to be removed from store shelves on January 15, 2011.
Here is the official announcement:
On November 16, 2010, the License Agreement between Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, Inc. and MGM Interactive, Inc. expired. As a result, Cheyenne will no longer be able to offer Stargate Resistance for sale to new customers. However, in the best interests of our customers, game play will be provided for a period of 60 days (until January 15, 2011) to customers who purchased Stargate Resistance prior to November 16, 2010. Look for more information as it becomes available
Stargate Resistance is a fast-paced and deadly 3rd person shooter for control of the entire Stargate galaxy. The system lords believe they are the true masters of the Milk Way, and have begun a savage campaign to dominate and enslave the known worlds. Stargate Command operatives are the first line of defense against this menace. Small teams of brave agents use the Stargate to travel about the galaxy and parry the thrust of these alien overlords.
Included in this recent release are the following features:
- New Gameplay Modes with the “King of the Hillâ€ Gameplay Mode for the Amarna Temple Game Map and “Team Death Matchâ€ Gameplay Mode added to the Stargate Command Headquarters Game Map
- Several new collectable in game achievements (totaling now 176) including: ‘Puddle Jumper’, ‘GOAAAAAL!’, ‘Fish in a Barrel’
- Expansion of the universe with the Leonops Game Map
- New Character models for: System Lords Jaffa Class and Stargate Command Soldier Class
Stargate Resistance notes for patch 184.108.40.206.
- Scientists have become overly ambitious attempting to throw numerous beacons to aid their team. Their equipment has been reconditioned by Ops to utilize the respawn / cooldown system much like grenades and claymores. For example, if a scientist turret explodes while a beacon is placed, the beacon will now disappear and the Scientist will also have to wait for the full 15 second cooldown to place another.
- New animations for the Goa’uld when healing or attacking players with the ribbon device, the arm will now animate on all clients.
- Corrected a spelling error on CTT gametype messaging when returning the System Lord tech
- UI audio feedback now in place when selecting the Jaffa on the SL class screen, matching other classes.
- A few blocks have had their collision adjusted on Amarna
- Temple to prevent players from phase shifting and hiding in them.
- Holding Tab while a match ends will function as if you closed the tab screen prior to the game ending and no longer draws overlapping screens.
- The achievement “In the Middle of my Back Swing” now fits within one line on the class stats page.
- Loading and objective screens now display properly for each planet
- Committing suicide will now incur death properly for both teams and display a suicided message.
- Idle kick rules will now apply to players idle on the class select screen.
- Projectile based weapons can now go beyond the invisible roof of Leonops (shhh… don’t tell Mahes it’s a bubble).
- Scientist’s attempting to place a healing dispenser will no longer get two beacon placements per click.
- Jaffa melee attacks will now ignore the ‘red x’ system.
As of March, 2010 Dark Comet Games, LLC entered into an agreement with Firesky, LLC for the maintenance, operation and development of Stargate Resistanceâ„¢. Dark Comet Games, LLC is a newly formed company comprised of the original developers of Stargate Resistanceâ„¢, and has been able to continue development and expansion of this project without delay, and will release a new map with two game play styles, new character models, weapons, achievements and features in the coming weeks.
Dark Comet Games, LLC is also proceeding forward marketing Stargate Resistanceâ„¢, with a new television and web ad campaign beginning April 30, 2010.
Stargate Resistanceâ„¢ is a an MGM Studios licensed product, under license to Firesky, LLC. Firesky remains committed to the product, and is excited to partner with Dark Comet Games, LLC for the development and expansion of the game.
Stargate Resistance may of launched yesterday however Direct2Drive customers who have pre-ordered the game have been unable to access it.
Customers who paid up front for the FireSky title were left without keys or the option to download the game when it went live. FireSky quickly remedied the situation though, offering temporary keys until D2D is able to offer the game.
Anyone who pre-ordered the game from D2D should email their confirmation number to FireSky at email@example.com to obtain a 2 day pass key
With the official launch of Stargate Resistance just days away the official system requirements for the game have been published for anyone who is looking to try out this new Stargate themed gaming incarnation.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
512 Mbytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
Recommended System Requirements
2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
1 GBytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card
8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space
Presently Stargate Resistance is unavailable for pre-order from the online store, pending its official released on February 10th 2010
FireSky the company behind the long awaited Stargate Worlds has today announced they plan on releasing Stargate Resistance on the 10th February 2010.
Stargate Resistance has been in the planing and development stages since July 2008, the development team have released the following statement:
On FEBRUARY 10TH, 2010 FireSky will be releasing the first Stargate PC shooter ever to come to market! “I want to personally thank everyone for their enthusiasm and support. It’s incredibly exciting to be releasing our first game as a studio, especially with such a great license,â€ said Shane Hensley, President of the Studio. In this fast-paced 3rd person shooter, gamers will have the chance to be either Stargate Command or the System Lords as they use the Stargate to travel and battle for galactic dominance.
Firesky and Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment, the studios behind the financially troubled but still in production MMO role-playing game Stargate Worlds, is working on a second video game title. Stargate Resistance is an online, third-person shooter currently in the final stages of development, the game will be based upon the Unreal 3 graphics engine.
Here is the official announcement from the website
Hello to our fans, and a special hello to any of you I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with one-on-one during the past couple years. I’m glad to be back online! I’m sure it comes as no surprise to you that here at Firesky the last year has been a little rough. The fact I’m here talking to you should tell you there’s a happy ending in sight.
We’ve come through it all with as much excitement and passion for the Stargate franchise as ever (Stargate: Universe, anyone?) and, as you can see from this new website, for now we’re focusing our efforts on an exciting new game for you Stargate fans, Stargate:Resistance. Combining the talents of all our developers, this 3rd-person action title pits teams of Stargate Command personnel against the System Lords and their minions in exhilarating real-time online battles. This new title is the fruit of what we’ve all worked on in the last few months.
The game focuses on three really exciting elements: fluid team-centric play (the classes support one another), fast-paced real-time combat, and wonderful maps designed specifically to bring these two sides into conflict through dynamic hand-to-hand and ranged combat.
Resistance brings to our fans the kind of gameplay SGW never planned to deliver. Resistance delivers the combat, weapons and tactics seen so often on the show that many of you have been asking for. I know this game will excite fans who have longed to go toe-to-toe with a Jaffa as well as those who always wanted to dominate the galaxy in ways the MMO could only hint at, and I’m proud to have been part of this team and prouder still that Firesky is bringing this product to you. Everyone working hard on this title is equally proud, and well they should be.
As well as building this new exciting product, paramount to Firesky’s long-term future is restoring your confidence and trust in us. While we’ve never lied to you about our circumstances, many times we were silent while our critics had their fun at our expense. We chose to remain quiet during those times, because, honestly, we often didn’t know what our future was day-to-day, sometimes even hour-to-hour. As a group we chose to not say anything until we knew something.
Moving forward, think of our relationship as one we need to re-build; imagine this conversation is the first one we have over a cup of coffee in Starbucks where I ask you to give us a chance to restore what we had and enjoyed together.
Continue to stick with us. I know you’ll enjoy the fast-paced action Resistance has in store for you while we continue to work towards SGW’s release.